Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Celebrity Fitness Expert and Lifestyle Coach Dawn Strozier Gives The Run Down on How To Become Healthy From The Inside Out!


UM: What inspired you to become a fitness expert and lifestyle coach?
Dawn:  I was inspired by my own life to become a fitness expert and a
lifestyle coach.  I have had the pleasure of being coached in            
different areas of my life by some of the best in their field.  I currently train every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning with Mr. Charles Glass, who is considered to be one of the best trainers in the world. I have also worked with motivational speaker/lifestyle coach Mr. Les Brown. 

When I began to see changes in my own life and experience first hand what working with a trainer and lifestyle coach could do.  I wanted to do that for someone else.  I wanted to help someone else be their best and reach their fullest potential.      
            

UM: When did it first hit you that you would successful at this?
Dawn: From day one felt I would be successful in this business. I have a passion for helping people, I love to encourage and edify people to be their best, and when I combined those things with my joy for working out, I knew this would be the industry I would soar in.  

UM: What tips do you have for your average men and women that are looking to maintain a healthy weight?
Dawn: Motivation is the key to maintaining a healthy weight. Remind yourself daily “WHY” staying in shape is important.
·         Eat breakfast!  It’s the most important meal of the day
·        Do not skip meals; 5-6 “mini-meals” will keep your metabolism moving throughout the day.
·        Watch your portion size. Use the pal of your hand or a chliched fist
·        Do not "drink" your calories. Limit your alcohol and soda intake
·        Break a sweat “Everyday.” Aim for a minimum of 45 minutes of aerobic exercise a day and a minimum of 20 minutes of resistance training three times a week.
·        Journal. Writing down everything you eat or drink including portion sizes. Be honest and accurate, otherwise the journal is not as helpful. The food journal will help you learn about your eating habits and help you assess the food choices you are making.
·       Avoid crash diets!

UM: Many people say they don’t have time to work out or prepare healthy meals, do you have any advice on how they could adjust their daily routine or lifestyle to allow healthier living?
Dawn:  The best advice I can give to someone that feels they don’t have the time to workout or cook healthy meals is to plan, plan, plan. 
Nothing simply happens in life, you have to plan for it.  I started having success the moment I started planning my days ahead of time. It will take that type of commitment. Once you start planning you will find a system that works for you.  In my planning, I discovered I am most successful when I prepare my food ahead of time on Sundays for the entire week. Preparing my clothes for work and scheduling my day the night before allowed time for me to train early in the morning and get to work on time.  It’s all in the planning

UM:  You have trained many celebrities such as Steve Harvey and Kim Kimble, is it more difficult to work with celebrities due to their busy schedules and other factors? 
Dawn:  Absolutely! Celebrities have a very challenging schedule.  However, they hire a trainers because they understand the importance of being in great health in order to keep up with the demands of their busy schedule and high profile life. 

UM: What celebrities would you say not only have a fit body, but also live a healthy lifestyles.
Dawn: Idris Elba and Jugh Jackman are male celebrities who are fit and I believe live a healthy lifestyle.  For the female celebrities I'd say Halle Berry & Jennifer Lopez just to name a few.

UM: For someone thinking of hiring a fitness expert, what are some of the benefiits opposed to doing everything on their own? 
Dawn: Personal trainers are experts on holding you accountable to your goals.  They will provide you with solid, consistent and non-judgmental support.They are educated on the most effective ways to help you reach your fitness success. They will also work with you to develop a fitness regimen and nutritional plan that will allow you to achieve the result that you cannot achieve on your own.

There is an overwhelming amount of nutrition and fitness information available today. A personal trainer will keep you abreast on new perspectives and ideas and also teach you proper technique & form helping you avoid unnecessary injury.


UM: Tell us about The Fitness Kidzand how did the idea come about?
Dawn:  The Fitness Kidz are a group of kids from age 7 through 15 who’s mission is to educate motivate and encourage other kids to make healthy diet choices and exercise daily.  It started with a challenge Steve Harvey presented to a 15 year old young man name Broderick to get in shape.  Other parents heard about the challenge and brought their children by my studio to train and The Fitness Kidz was birthed.


UM: For those looking to keep up with your work or to contact you for services do you have a website and social media likes that you would like to share?
Dawn: You can follow me on instagram, facebook & twitter @Dawn Strozier. website address is www.ds-fitness.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment