Monday, September 22, 2014

Exclusive Interview with Just Brittany About Her New Album "Something Different"


Just Brittany is an independent 3 x Billboard Charting Artist with over 8 million online views.
She broke through the music scene in 2009 with the smash hit “Call Me for That Good”, written by The Narrators, which cauaght the attention of Brian “Birdman” Williams with the Cash Money Brand. After signing on the dotted line with Cash Money Records, Just Brittany’s next move was downloadable 11- track EP called “Not Just A Pretty Face” released in early 2011. The EP featured productions from Yung Chill, Lacemode, and Chris Rockaway. The release’s “Color’ hit billboard’s Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart in March 2010. 
 Just Brittany was born and raised in the 5th ward area and attended Nat Q Henderson Elementary. Growing up in between two loving households, Brittany maintained straight A student and stayed on the deans list for great conduct and outstanding grades. Brittany even graduated at the age of 16 as the valedictorian of her class. Her strong determination to succeed in life pushed her to pursue her passion for her music.   

Just Brittany released the “Queen of H-Town” mixtape series, which featured Slim Thug, Z-Ro, Killa Kyleon, D-Boss Justo and Johnny Parelli, and also featured the hit “Slow Bangin” and “Juicy” which accumulated over 2, 000,000 views. Queen JB is currently promoting her new project Something Different”  


UHC: For those who may not know, tell everyone where are you from, and how did you get your start in the music industry?
  JB: Well, My name is Just Brittany. I am from Houston, TX.. H-town that is! I’ve always been someone who wanted to entertain. Singing and Dancing was my specialty. I didn’t get my actual start in the music industry until I was able to financially back my career to get me to the professional level

 UHC: What is something interesting about Just Brittany that many people may not know?
 JB: The most interesting thing about me that people don’t know is the fact that I truly have many different personalities to myself. I am a Gemini so I assume that explains a lot.

 UHC: We absolutely love the orange hair color, what is the inspiration or story behind it?
  JB: The inspiration behind the orange hair… hmmm well really I was trying something different…try something different! s/o to my new single “Something Different” available now on iTunes! Lol Well.. I honestly decided to dye my hair for a photoshoot that I did about 2 years ago, and it was something I wanted to do spontaneously. The fact that everyone loved it made me want to bring the color back… So on my birthday June 11th, 2013 I actually decided to go orange completely as my new look. My hairstylist Jocasso helped me put together different hair styles for every day of the week that year, and all the hair was orange. No more black…. For now! loll


UHC:  Celebrity hair stylist Jocasso has been your stylist for quite some time now, how is it working with him?
  JB: We are the dynamic duo! We relate so much outside of him doing my hair to where we are both creative. The good thing about Jocasso is the fact that he is willing to try anything when it comes to hair styles, and I’m willing to be his manikin as he says.   

 UHC:  We seen you perform live at The Go DJ Awards, and were completely blown away. What do you enjoy most about live performances?
 JB: Well Thank You! I enjoy just about everything that comes with a live performance such as the preparation, the adrenaline rush, and seeing my fans and friends in the audience!

UHC: You are really taking the music industry by storm. What do you think sets you apart from artists that are trying to do what you’re doing?
  JB: What sets me apart from other artists I would say is my drive, my determination, and my work ethic. I focus on me.

For Full Interview Purchase Your Copy of Unrivaled Hair Creations Magazine Vol 2. Issue 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment